Sunday 26 August 2012

Only another 50 to go!

I may have mentioned before that I signed up for Pedal for Scotland this year. Since signing up many months ago the route has changed slightly and is now up to 110 miles. Eek!. I have tried to up my training somewhat by commuting to work 2 or 3 days a week, which although only about 8.5 miles each way, has a few tough little hills to contend with first thing in the morning.

Today seemed a good day to go for a longer tour as the forecast was for mild temps and no rain. I never like to go too far afield when I am on my own, so plotted a route that would cover about 60 miles but one that if need be could probably phone someone to come rescue me from. Thankfully I made it round in one piece.

My legs were getting a bit tired towards the end, but I don't really stop for any length of time, so I am hoping that the extra 50 miles I need to do to complete the Pedal for Scotland route will be doable with a few extra fuel stops and some moral support from my cycling companions. I also hope that the wind will return to it's usual West to East direction.

My route.


My treat.

Peace x

All photographs by Caroline Harvey.

No comments: