Tuesday 9 March 2010

Comfort zone.

A terrible photo of me with my eyes closed, but thought I would post it just to show that I am still alive.


Today was the day that I had decided to leave West Vancouver and head to Squamish so as not over stay my welcome with my lovely hosts in West Vancouver, and I did leave, but now I am back...... Why? Well I shall tell you.

As some of you may be aware I had tried to stay in the US a little longer as the climbing season here in British Columbia has not quite started yet, March is one of the wettest months, but alas the States would not let me stay. So here I am as you all know in Canada.

I drove to Squamish, it actually only takes about half an hour or so and had the full intention of camping etc, but when I got there it was snowing and because it is still "off season" the park where I intended to stay did not have any of its' facilities working, blah blah, excuses excuses. Anyway, before I had left West Van my hosts had made it clear that I was very welcome to come back and stay longer if necessary and that it would be cold and possibly quite wet still in Squamish at this time of year. So whilst sitting having a coffee and watching some very large black clouds gather on the horizon, I weighed up my options. I could either stay in a very lonely National park with no one else there and hope for sunny dry weather or I could go back to West Van and sleep in a nice warm bed and just go to Squamish on day trips when it was dry. Guess which one won my vote?

So here I am back in the comfort of a house for a wee while longer. My current plan is to stay here for a few more weeks go train at the local indoor gym, try to do some CV training as I feel incredibly unfit, do some day trips to Squamish and other places and help my host Harriet out with some things she needs done. Excellent plan, even if I do say so myself.

I realised today that I have very few photographs of me actually climbing, which is kind of a shame but inevitable I suppose. You will all just have to believe me when I tell you what I have climbed!

I will post a few photos from my weekend trip to Gabriola Island soon.

5 comments:

alpinedreamer said...

So that's the haircut? ;-) I knew we'd get you to post a pic in the end!

Anonymous said...

Hm hm.. that's interessting but actually i have a hard time understanding it... I'm wondering what others have to say....

Unknown said...

No close ups though on the hair!

To Anonymous, I wrote the post late at night so probably a bit sleepy whilst writing it, so hence maybe some bad grammar. I have now changed it slightly so maybe you can understand, if not well what can I say "nae luck".

Heather said...

you will love climbing in Squamish!! I hope the weather gets better for you!!!! Must do problems...... stu's fly, slingshot, cutting edge, atlas (which i did not do because my fingers were shredded)and must do if you have a rope....Star Check. Also we have a friend who lives in Vancouver and would love to climb if you need someone to climb with. His name is Kevin and I can give you his info if you would like! Hope you are having fun!

Unknown said...

Hi Heather,Thanks will definitely check those out when I can. Send me your friends info in an email or something. Hope you are also having fun and the ankle is mending. Love to you both :o)