Sunday 29 July 2012

Let the Games begin.

London 2012 has finally arrived. After what seems like the longest run up in the history of world sporting events the Olympics got off to a very British start with the opening ceremony. I have to admit that I did not manage to see all of it as I was out with chums in the pub, but I can only imagine that the rest of the world was watching with mild confusion when Middle Earth transformed into an industrial landscape and then filled with smiling NHS workers dancing round beds. I have to say the Bean and Bond moments were very funny and added a lovely touch of humour to an event that can often be extremely dull and boring.


Molten rings.


Cider rings.

In other news, this week I suddenly realised how close the Pedal for Scotland event is (9th Sept). Sudden panic gripped me, so have been out on Dolly over the last couple of days. I have prayed to the weather Gods to keep August as dry as possible so that I can clock up a few more miles. I have a feeling I might have to suck it up and do a few wet miles over the next month.

Peace x

All photographs by Caroline Harvey


No comments: