Thursday 1 March 2012

Castles and Rainbows.

I know the week is not quite finished yet, but it has been another busy one. More mileage in my van, or Morrison, as I like to call him.

 My Monday started with an overnight trip up to Kyle of Lochalsh. The weather was slightly more gray than the last time I went through Glen Coe, but still a stunning drive. Not so stunning was the B&B I stayed in. I can not imagine what tourists must think when they come to stay and happen to come across a B&B of this ilk. The owner was decidedly strange, the decor was a cross between the 60's, 70's and a car boot sale, it smelt slightly damp and the toilet was on the landing and shared with the rest of the visitors. Thankfully I was saved from a lonesome evening of talking to myself, by Billy, an electrician from Kinross who had similar thoughts to me upon arrival. Wickerman! After signing in we escaped to the nearest pub for a wee drink, food and some good old banter.

In the morning, after not a great nights sleep due to a single bed, rustling plastic mattress cover and sleeping in my clothes (incase a quick escape was necessary) I headed to my first port of call at Eilean Donan Castle.

 Breakfast + castle + rainbow = happy Caroline.


Loch Cluanie (I think).


Eilean Donan.


At dusk.


Happy.


Mirror, signal, rainbow.

Peace x

All photographs by Caroline Harvey.

1 comment:

Hazel said...

I'm so jealous of your travels to some of my favourite places on earth, one of which is Eilean Donan Castle (where Highlander was filmed).
I can't wait to hear all your goss and hear about the job.
Xx