Sunday 6 September 2009

Go Buffs!

Yeah, Buffs rule!

I can not be anything other than amused every time I step outside at the minute. As I think I mentioned in a previous post I am living on The Hill, which is where Colorado University is based, or CU as it known here.

Every stereotype portrayed in any American teen movie that I have watched over the years lives here. It is the funniest thing to witness first hand. This weekend is Labor day weekend and there is obviously a big football game on and the Buffs are out in force in their very bright yellow tee shirts. Buffs, by the way is short for Buffalo and is the name of the fore mentioned CU team. It is truly Buff tastic today!

My accommodation is surrounded on all sides by "Frat houses", and the drunken chat I hear through the night is very much different to the never ending choruses of Flower of Scotland we get back home. Most of the time there just seems to be wolf howls (!) and sentences that go something like "But it was like so awesome", "Like, I tried to call him but he was soo not picking up", "Dude!", "Ah Dude that's awesome", "Awesome dude", "Like, Oh my God that is so cool". I think you get the gist. Endless hours of fun.

I really don't understand any of this fraternity/sorority stuff, but it is everywhere. This is one of the many houses in this area showing which greek alphabet club they belong to.

Photographs by Caroline Harvey

No comments: